Position Summary: This position is responsible for scheduling patient appointments for Acute and Ambulatory sectors, ensuring medical necessity compliance, and order fax indexing.
- Schedules patient appointments and enters required information in the computer system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Obtains demographic, insurance and financial information from patient or guarantor. Enters information in computer system with a high degree of accuracy.
- Explains all required forms to the patient or guarantor and obtains the necessary signatures.
- Ensures medical necessity compliance by obtaining necessary data, reviewing Compliance System, communicating information to patient or guarantor and obtaining necessary signatures.
- Index incoming physician orders to schedule patient appointments.
- Release medical records after screening and ensure patient privacy.
- Protects the financial integrity of the facility by collecting patient liability, establishing payment arrangements, discussing payment options and screening for eligibility.
- Communicates in an effective and professional manner with Physicians, ancillary departments, nursing units, physicians’ office staff, insurance companies, as well as patients and their families (all Patient Access customers). Completes thorough and accurate documentation.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff. Other duties as assigned.